American Novelist

American Novelist is a pretty heady title, but that's what I am. I write books (5 published so far). I've decided to blog one of my earlier novels. I'll publish a page or two a day. If you like what you see let me know. If you hate it, well there are plenty of other things on the web, but I'd still like to hear from you.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Chapter 4 / Page 6

* * *

“Plot a course for open water. Ahead slow.” He flipped off the monitor. “I’ll be in my cabin. Report when you have a damage assessment.”


He had his damage assessment and a casualty list. Tze Wong thought about praying, but who would listen? He had failed in his mission and in his command to safeguard his boat. He had seventeen dead sons and no bodies to return to grieving mothers. He had five severely injured men, and limited facilities to treat them. He had a ship with the handling characteristics of a pregnant whale and a maximum speed of seven knots. He had the American Navy with its aircraft carriers, destroyers, and attack submarines. He wondered when they would start hunting. He could fight, but he could not run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog

Search 4 Blogs