American Novelist

American Novelist is a pretty heady title, but that's what I am. I write books (5 published so far). I've decided to blog one of my earlier novels. I'll publish a page or two a day. If you like what you see let me know. If you hate it, well there are plenty of other things on the web, but I'd still like to hear from you.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Introduction - Point of Honor


POINT OF HONOR takes place in November 1997. Saddam was still killing people. Clinton was president, and no one had yet flown jet liners into our tallest buildings. The outbreak of Clinton's Oval Office hijinx was just around the corner.

In my mind, the War on Terror has been waging for almost two decades, starting on November 4, 1979 when Iranian students overran our embassy. Whacking the bad guys then, might have saved us a lot of grief down the line--but that's another story.

I wrote POH in secret, telling no one until I had most of the manuscript finished. I found an agent who liked my work, but never managed to get it published. POH went through a couple of ups and downs and settled in the small press.

There is a great deal more to be said. It remains in print and available. So should you tire of 1 page per day, you can buy it or give it as a gift.

My job is to entertain you. Let me know if I succeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog

Search 4 Blogs